Every engineer must undergo a skill assessment before migrating to Australia. A competency demonstration report provides the information of competency that an engineer has so all applicants must provide it. Engineers Australia is the one who will be assessing your CDR Report to see whether it meets the Australian standard or not. Your assessment will be based on your qualification and abilities.
There are some features of the CDR Report. This includes:
- Your individual effort and teamwork should be stated.
- Problems that are handled by one should also be provided in detail.
- You should also provide the solutions or steps you take to solve these issues.
- Rewards and honor are also stated here.
- A summary statement and Continuing Professional Development report based on the engineering field is also mentioned.
Who needs a CDR report?
Those who do not have qualifications accredited from the Washington Accord, Dublin Accord, and Sydney Accord need to submit the competency demonstration report. No matter your profession, you need to demonstrate your skills and achievements according to the CDR guidelines. For assistance, you can always contact us at CDR Engineers Australia for your required services.
Requirements of CDR Report: Based on EA Guidelines
There are certain requirements you should follow which are based on skill assessment through the CDR Report. They are:
This includes your passport, national ID as well as a birth certificate.
Here you can provide documents based on your employment which can include a work experience letter, salary certificate, CV, or resume. You can also include your employment letter here.
This includes the language test you have taken. It can include a certificate of your IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL examination.
You need to provide your academic certificates which include an enrollment certificate, leaving certificate, transcripts of the examinations, etc.
You need to provide three career episodes. Each Career Episodes should focus on a different part of your career. Each career episode should be above 1000 words not exceeding 2500 word count. If you do not have work experience, your career episode can also be based on the projects you have completed in your academic field. You need to ensure that the project is related to your occupation.
Here while creating a good Summary Statement you should provide references based on your career episodes that highlight any particular aspect.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
You should know that only CPD programs completed after a Bachelor’s degree are relevant for the skills assessment by EA. Your CPD must be in a format and should not be. more than one page. It should include a table that has:
CDR for Australian Immigration
CDR that is recognized by EA has been classified into 4 categories. All these categories have their competencies. These are:
- Professional Engineer
- Engineering Technologist
- Engineering Associate
- Engineering Manager
If you have a bachelor’s degree in engineering then you can apply for this position. Professional engineers should be able to fulfill the following duties:
- Be able to handle projects and programs.
- Should know the cost and risk of a project.
- Should be able to handle technical problems and ensure the functioning of technologies in the system.
- Should have an understanding based on the limitations of a project.
If you have a bachelor’s degree or diploma in engineering then you can apply for this position. Engineering Technologists should be able to fulfill the following duties:
- Be able to familiarize themself with new and old technologies.
- They should be able to handle problems and provide solutions for them.
- They should be able to carry out our responsibilities like stakeholder interaction.
Engineering Associates are also capable of opening their businesses. If you have a bachelor’s degree or diploma in technology engineering then you can apply for this position. Engineering Associate should be able to fulfill the following duties:
- Be able to operate cost-effectively.
- Should be able to familiarize themself with codes of practice and equipment.
- One should have a strong understanding and base of engineering science and principles.
If you have a bachelor’s degree or diploma in any field of engineering then you can apply for this position. The engineering manager should be able to fulfill the following duties:
- Be able to make strategies and plans for an organization
- Be able to make policies too.
- If you have experience as a professional engineer for three years then you can apply for the engineering manager position.
Eligibility for CDR
There are certain eligibility criteria that one needs to follow for CDR. They are:
- You need to be graduated from any engineering field.
- Your institution should be accredited.
- You need to have good English language speaking skills which can be assessed through tests like IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL.
- Proper career episodes and summary statement
Tips for writing a perfect CDR Report
Here are a few tips to follow for a perfect CDR report:
- You should use the proper format. Make sure to do your research properly.
- Your CDR report should have a proper introduction of at least 100 words.
- Explain your background in 200-500 words.
- You should also be able to explain your engineering activity briefly.
- Write proper career episodes and Include Technical Difficulties
- Avoid plagiarism as it could lead to rejection
If you want to learn more in detail about EA-based CDR Report, you can check out 10 Ways to Create a Perfect CDR.
Reasons for CDR rejection
There is some reason why your competency demonstration report can get rejected. They are:
- High plagiarism can lead to your CDR being rejected.
- If you are unable to cover all 16 engineering competencies then your CDR can get rejected.
- Before submitting your documents you should be aware of the changes in MSA requirements.
- Long and confusing sentences can make your CDR rejected.
- Making your career episode too technical can also lead to rejection.
- Lack of understanding of EA standards while preparing the CDR
- Copied content from the internet and grammatical errors can lead to rejection
- Insufficient information and missing problem statements can also get your CDR rejected.
How Can We Help You?
CDR Report is all about having quality writing and it may be new for a lot of people. We have a team of professional CDR Writers who can provide you with high-quality CDR Report that will surely be accepted by Engineers Australia. Your CDR Report and Stage 2 CDR Writing (which is required after migrating to Australia and working there) will be based on the guidelines provided by EA and we also provide services to people who have previously been rejected by the EA. ACS RPL Report, Summary Statements, and Career Episodes are other types of writing services that we provide. You can also take a look at our pricing page where we have provided numerous packages.